Help Your Child
Below are many of the ways in which you can help your child achieve their best whilst at Meadowside School.
- Attend every Parents’ Evening – make another appointment if you are unable to attend
- Keep a check on your child’s reading record/diary
- Listen to your child read – preferably 3 to 5 times a week – research shows this leads to improved reading and writing skills
- Ensure your child is suitably dressed in school uniform, has suitable equipment and has appropriate clothing for PE
- Read our Newsletters and save them for future reference
- Visit our information board at the entrance to the school
- Check the school website regularly
- Provide a quiet environment for homework. Help your child if necessary. Maths, English, particularly spelling, reading and tables will be a regular feature – please check your child’s bag for homework!
- Make an appointment with the Class Teacher or Mrs Maiden if you have any concerns or questions
- If you can, try to help in school with swimming, reading, trips or any other expertise you can offer
- Come along to concerts, shows, Sports Days, sports matches and our special events if you are able