We intend to:
- Ensure that children will develop their understanding and awareness of others beliefs, values and traditions of other individuals, societies, communities and cultures.
- - Encourage children to develop their own beliefs and values by having the opportunities to ask and explore through enquiry based questioning.
- - For all staff model and encourage children to develop respect, tolerance, empathy and compassion towards others.
- - To develop children’s cultural capital in order to prepare them for their future. We will teach pupils the essential knowledge, skills and attitudes for everyday life and beyond.
- North Yorkshire Agreed RE Syllabus with planning units.
- RE weeks using the ‘Big Idea’ approach
- Each class evidences work in their class ‘Big Book’, to show progression throughout their time at Meadowside.
- Regular visitors in to work with all year groups. We have fantastic links with the local churches.
- Global issues are weaved through RE to give children the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed.
- Our assessments will all be on Insight ready for September 2021.
- Children have developed their own strong morals and values that are personal to them
- Children will have expressed their own beliefs and values, which will be shown through pupil voice discussions at various times throughout the year.
- Staff will feel confident delivering and assessing RE due to CPD opportunities.
Please click here to access our long term plan curriculum plans linked to our big ideas